Sunday, March 14, 2010

Scene 13

Scene 13

Interior. Night. The Post-Daisy Ball. Many are milling round the punch-bowl. Others are quietly mingling. The rest stare in amazement at Bobby Brisco, the break-dancing cardinal, as he struts his stuff on the dancefloor. Enter Squire Moore and Evan. Squire Moore is carrying a blackboard under his arm.

Squire Moore: Lotta poontang here tonight.
Evan: Er, yes I suppose
Squire Moore: Fancy some...(raises eyebrows mischievously)...fun and games?
Evan: What do you mean?
Squire Moore places the blackboard on the floor, pulls out a piece of chalk and draws two columns on the blackboard. One is headed 'Evan', the other 'Squire'
Squire Moore: For each fine young thing we canoodle with, we get a point
Evan: I don't really want to. I'm still reeling from losing Handbag. Also, since I was raped by Alec Baldwin, the thought of being physically intimate with anyone fills me with dread and revulsion.
Squire Moore: Sounds like fightin' talk to me! Away I go!
Squire Moore sets off on his rounds, a smile on his face and a lump in his trousers. Evan rolls his eyes and notices his old associate, Salmonella O'Sullivan
Evan: Ah Salmonella, how goes it?
Salmonella: Evan old boy! So good to see you. Terrible to hear about this Alec Baldwin business. How are you holding up?
Evan: I'm alright I guess.
Salmonella: Splendid, splendid. Surprised by this year's winner?
Evan: Yes, the first transvestite Daisy of Dungarvan I believe.
Suddenly, both are interrupted by the return of Squire Moore. Moore wipes the lipstick off his face and draws '24' under his name on the blackboard.
Squire Moore: Falling behind I see Evan?
Evan: I'm not participating in this weird competition. Please stop.
Moore: What's that? You don't think I can make it to 40 in the next fifteen minutes? Well, we'll see about that!
Cue music: The Vinyls - I Touch Myself.
Montage of Squire Moore mauling onto various women

Evan: I must apologise for my friend. He appears to have the jockstrap jitters.
Salmonella: Evidently.
Suddenly there is a loud rumbling outside. Evan and Salmonella look around. Squire Moore, like Alexander the great dining at Persepolis, takes a break from his conquests to cower behind a chair. The noise grows louder and louder. Suddenly, a fire engine, two ford fiestas and a bicycle plough through the wall, circle around the room and pull up. All the vehicles bear jolly rogers.
Salmonella: Oh no!
Evan: What is it? Who are they!?
Salmonella: I'd know that flag anywhere! This is the dread fleet of Captain Hodgers and his crew of urban pirates!
Suddenly the door of the fire engine opens and a skinny, effete pirate emerges. On his left shoulder stands a tall bearded man, dressed in a colourful ensemble.
Captain Hodgers: Yarr! Listen up mateys. Things about to get interesting!

End Scene

Writers Notes:

I realise that I have introduced yet another character and gone off on another tangent without any hint of real plot development, but if Lost can get away with it then so can I.


No comments:

Post a Comment